Friday, October 17, 2008

rachel yamagata performs live quite well

what to wear, what to wear...this is a daily question i face as i wake up from the comfort of my down comforter (even in the summer), look out the window to ponder what the weather dictates, and decide whether to follow or rebel.

today is rather chilly; i just stepped out for a quick coffee at my fave coffee shop down the street and realized that it went from spring/summer '08 to fall '08 in less time than you can say i-wonder-if-i-can-ever-afford-a-dries-piece-de-la-resistance-circa-spring09...wearing my striped deconstructed off shoulder tee, loosely tucked inside the almost defunct "boyfriend jean" w/rolled cuff, strapped with a red pony-hair ribbon of a belt, nonchalantly cloaked under my 3.I leather bomber, feeling a bit jaunty from the crisp fall weather, i still feel like it's not enough. jeez. what's a girl to do...

i think i may just grab a scarf and weather the weather...sweata weatha.

on the sketching front, i think i'm stuck in a rut....when you've drawn a zillion outfits and find resemblances among them, it either worries me or confirms that a) a strong personal aesthetic is surfacing to air, (b) all the sketch refining at 3.I must've crept into my own aesthetic subconsciously and i can't shake it off, because i scan my collection and feel like i'm recreating phillip's collections of yester-season (c) i need some fresh air (aka traveling? san fran? visiting bffs?) and fresh perspective.

maybe all of the above....

No comments: