Thursday, January 8, 2009

richie rich

richard avedon...in the flesh


simply striking...reminds me of lanvin fall '08

Veruschka, dress by Bill Blass, New York, January 1967

richard avedon had a way of capturing movement, whether it be in a person's face, pose, or clothes.

and often in black and white. mmmmm.

there is so much more in his archives and website (www.richardavedon.com), but here's a little something to accompany your coffee sipping:

I believe in maniacs. I believe in type As. I believe that you've got to love your work so much that it is all you want to do. I believe you must betray your mistress for your work, you betray your wife for your work; I believe that she must betray you for her work. I believe that work is the one thing in the world that never betrays you, that lasts. If i were going to be a politician, if I were going to be a scientist, I would do it every day. I wouldn't wait for Monday. I don't believe in weekends. If you're headed for a life that's only involved with making money and that you hope for satisfaction somewhere else, you're headed for a lot of trouble. And whatever replaces vodka when you're 45 is what you're going to be doing.
:: richard avedon, 1988 :

i wonder what i will be doing when i'm 45....along with drinking some st. germain elderflower...


No comments: