Monday, December 1, 2008

post-turkey bloat

yum. thanksgiving meals are always a highlight of thanksgiving festivities...mine was spent with family from across the country, with 2 adorable nieces and nephews who helped me bake brownies. i think i may have a penchant for children.....who knew.

allen made the turkey, replete with cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce (with whole cranberries!), mom's potato salad, and a slew of other family style dishes, most notably my grandmother's roast pork (she's been making that for years). you know how you just keep eating everything on your plate, almost not caring that the food is piled on top of each other? it was that type of gorging that when looked back upon you would say "how caveman-esque, ergo grotesque" but in reality you are just eating of the moment and thinking "mmmm i want seconds."

*burp*

back to the more classy things in life...i got a perm! i decided to go for it, despite my friends' and family's Warnings...it just wasn't in vogue to them but to me, it was time for a change. and yes i could go down to my former hair stylist and have him customize my hair just the way i liked it. i was going for the anne hatheway makeover, with shoulder-length loose waves in bob-like form, but with a bit more curl and oomph since my hair needed the body. of course my stylist understood that and voila, i emerged 2.5 hours later from the salon chair (albeit my butt emerged a lil' flatter, if not tired) donning a gorgeous dollop of curled hair. i wanted to keep it modern, not jerry-curl-esque, but rather conjuring the attitude of the '40s, where classy ladies donned classy curls; flat on top and luscious waves on the bottom. fast forward also to angelina jolie's coif in the changeling....for whatever reason, channeling that decade just feels right to me right now. ALSO, i think it was time to move on from the straight hair angled bob w/bangs that i was underneath for a good 2.5 seasons (oh please, u think victoria and katie started the trend? hehe). one last lil' detail...the only angling of my hair is in the bangs...it starts wispy above my eyebrow on one side, graduating to eyebrow length to the other side.

tres chic, non?

champion coffee meets toasted sesame with cream cheese and tomato. accompanied by feist. bring on the carbs...it's winter.

No comments: